Each industry and every area of sales has its own Rules of Thumb, old saws and clever sayings. Real Estate is famous for "Location, Location, Location"; Speech Therapy for "Locution, Locution, Locution".
The best saying in Real Estate and the business of Real Estate have always intrigued and amused me:
- Location, Location, Location
- There's nothing new in Real Estate.
- All Real Estate is Local.
- It's not about the house.
- Your first offer is your best offer.
- If you sleep on it, you won't sleep in it.
- Make it easy to buy a house.
- Your Trusted Adviser in Real Estate.
- Your Real Estate Resource for Life.
- It's only worth what someone will pay for it.
- List to last. Listers are lasters.
- Buyers are Liars. Sellers are Yellers.
- Show me the Numbers.
- Statutory Non-Employee.
- We're Professionals. Like Lawyers, Doctors and Hair Dressers.
- My way or the highway.
- It was time for a firing.
- FSBO? What kind of BO is that?
- Lies, Damn Lies, Statistics, and Real Estate Numbers.
- I'm an SOB. Son Of a Broker. (But what does that say about his Mother?)
- If you can't be number one in your niche, find another niche.
- High Tech, and High Touch.
- It wasn't meant to be.
- Traffic, Traffic, Traffic
Real Estate, Personal:
- No! Any other questions?
- No! Get back in the prospecting booth.
- No! We didn't have more awards than agents.
- You' re not cold-call telemarketers. Why do you think that?
- Competition with FSBO's. We're not in competition with FSBO's.
- You're not Real Estate whores. If you were, you'd get paid a lot better.
- I'm in Real Estate. I sell advertising.
- Mike Ferry says...
- Stepford Realtors
- Drink the Cool-Aid
- It's not original. He just made it up.
- (After bringing in a rubber stress-ball brain) When you go home tonight, take your brain with you.
- When all else fails, ask the customer.
- Find out what they want, and give it to them.
- A verbal contract isn't worth the paper it's written on.
- Make 'em an offer they can't refuse.
- They don't care how much you know, until they know how much you care.
- How can you tell when a salesman is lying? His lips are moving.
- Cash is King.
- Content is King.
- It's not lying. It's sales.
- Close early and often.
- What gets measured gets done.
- What gets rewarded gets repeated.
- The 3 rules of business: 1) All things being equal, people buy from their friends. 2) All things being unequal, people buy from their friends. 3) Make friends.
- Don't sell the Steak. Sell the Sizzle.
- The best business is repeat business.
- The best business is referral business.
- Life Insurance isn't bought, it's sold.
- You are who Google says you are.
Adapt Or Die! Happy Searching.
WebHomeUSAblog; The Blog of Real Estate Search Marketing
- It ain't over 'til the Fat Lady